October 20, 2009

When in Doubt...Paint It

I adore painted furniture--it is such a clever way to revive finds from garage sales, flee markets, and even the trash!  I've restored a few pieces of furniture myself by painting them.  It is such an easy and inexpensive way to transform a room. 

A great place to get inspiration is the site Leporello.  It features furniture designed and painted in the UK.  Here are some of the treasures from their collection...


Lucian Colonial Middle Bed

Lucian Colonial Middle Bed painted in Misty White





Lucian Middle Bed with Low Footboard Dove Grey
Lucian Middle Bed with Low Footboard painted in Dove Grey

Two Door Painted Glass Cabinet

Two Door Painted Glass Cabinet

Five drawer Classic Painted Chest

Five drawer Classic Painted Chest

One Drawer Painted Chest with Shelf
One Drawer Painted Chest with Shelf

If you are interested in painting furniture, you have to make sure to sand down the orginial finish, put on a good coat of primer, and then paint.  I also recommend using a higher quality paint, such as Benjamin Moore, as it is less likely to chip and peel.  Plus, the people working in the store can help provide advice on the type of finish you are seeking for your masterpiece!

2 comments:

  1. Great tips and advice! I have a habit of painting everything (maybe too much). Just this weekend I painted a large wooden frame I found at a thrift store in all white. It looks new and fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that idea...I painted my bathroom mirror last summer that looked old and outdated. Now it looks new too.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and tell me what you think...I would love to hear your feedback. Best, Karen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails